Even though I could care less about the Superbowl this year (our Philadelphia Eagles are out and to me the Superbowl means baseball season is just around the corner...GO PHILLIES!)
There are some things I LOVE about the Superbowl:
Time spent with family and friends
And of course the commercials!!
Here's an easy recipe for dinner and a second recipe for the big game using one 2.44 lb Smithfield Pork Tenderloin package, which is actually two pork tenderloins at about 1.25lbs each. Both serve a family of 4.
- 2c. cooked sausage (I like the plain kind, but you could do them spicy, if you're kinda spicy like that)
- 1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c. monterey jack cheese
- 1 c. prepared ranch dressing (i use a light version, and can't taste any difference. i don't love the completely fat free in this recipe though)
- sliced olives to taste (i just throw in a tiny can of the ones already cut into tiny pieces, drained)
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
- Stir all that goodness into a bowl
- Take your Won Ton wrapper and press it down into a muffin tin. As shown above.
- The recipe says to spray the pan with a non-stick spray, but I've never had them stick
- They won't cover the whole thing, but make sure they have a definite "bottom"
- cook the formed Won Ton wrappers for 5 minutes
- then fill with a couple tablespoons of filling. Enough. But don't over fill.
- cook again for about another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is all melt-ee