Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Dinner

A few nights ago I made this dinner and my husband said you need to post this on your blog.  Apparently it is THAT GOOD and it is good for you too!

Ingredients:

Boneless/ Skinless Chicken Breast (I only used 2 but you can stretch to have enough stuffing for 4)
11 oz Baby Spinach
1 small onion
1 cup feta cheese crumbles
2 tsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper (I used a lemon pepper seasoning blend too)


Saute the small onion in 1 tsp olive oil, till translucent.  Add the 11 oz of baby spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper and cover to wilt spinach.  Transfer to a bowl to cool while you butterfly open the chicken breasts.  Season them with salt and pepper.


Add the cup of feta cheese crumbles to the spinach mixture and stir together













Place the chicken in a baking dish and pile the spinach mixture on one half of the butterflied chicken breast, fold the other half over the top.  Repeat for each chicken breast and drizzle a tsp of olive oil on top.  Season the top of the chicken with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning.














Bake at 450 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

I served mine up with egg noodles and brussel sprouts - made the way my mom makes them with a balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and bacon bit sauce...yummy :)

Hope you ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. i love this chicken dish..i make this but add Prosciutto and dry good season italian seasoning packet sprinkled on the chicken..Yummy!!! carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish! I'll be adding it to my menu soon.

    I'm a new follower from MBC and hope you'll stop by and check out my blog too:

    www.naptimeismytime.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing and like something that I would totally make!

    I just found your blog through one of the blog hops! Have a great day.

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete