Friday, April 22, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

I've seen Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies popping up all over blogland...
So I decided to make an Oreo stuffed cupcake...

Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes
1 pkg.  (14oz) OREO Cookies
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake mix, prepared as directed
(You can certainly make your own cake batter, but I used a short cut since it was a weeknight)

Put about 1 tablespoon of batter in the bottom of the cupcake liners, put in an Oreo and put another tablespoon of the batter on top. 
Bake as directed.  Let cool.

Oreo Icing
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 pkg. (4oz) Cream Cheese, softened (I used Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese)
1/2 container (4oz) Cool Whip
2lb bag powdered sugar
Remaining OREO Cookies, finely crushed
Mix cream cheese, butter, and cool whip until well blended.  Slowly add powdered sugar while mixing.  Finely crush Oreos in a food processor, and add to the icing.  Mix well.  Use a plastic bag to pipe on icing...and ENJOY!

Now I'm sure that you have had ENOUGH of the OREO recipes! Do you have an Oreo lover in your family?  These cupcakes make the perfect birthday treats!
 
I am taking the weekend and Monday OFF to enjoy the Easter holiday with my family!!  I'll be back next week with some great projects I've been working on.
 
Happy Easter to you and your family!!
 
~Kara

1 comment:

  1. OMG these look insanely delicious! I can't wait to try them!

    Please check out my blog if you have time!

    http://greatexpectations-kyna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete