Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yellow and Gray Bedroom Inspiration

I know I'm behind the times, and the color combo of yellow and gray has been floating around the design world, magazines, and even stores like Target for quite a while now, but I still LOVE it. I think it works great in a bedroom.  I love gray in a bedroom, don't you?  I'm hoping to make our master bedroom the perfect balance of happy yellow and tranquil gray...and get rid of the blah we have now (I'll show you some before pictures soon).  Our bedroom has always been the neglected room. 

I've been looking for the perfect bedding for weeks, although it feels more like months, and I think I may have finally found something that works.  I ordered the bedding and a small area rug from overstock.com today :)   And speaking of overstock.com, while browsing Krafty Kat's blog for Valentine's Day inspiration I found a coupon for 10% off your total order http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2011/01/overstockcom-discount-for-krafty-kat.html  Yay me!!  After all we are trying to do this whole bedroom makeover on a very small budget.

Here are some inspirational pictures I found...

I'm hoping the paint we have had for months (hubby picked it out) is about the same color as these walls in this room designed by giannetti architecture and interiors, inc :)


I love the picture rail above the bed with the yellow wallpaper below. This is the same color wood furniture we have in our bedroom and combined with yellow and gray is a great combo. (from Ideal Home)

I really like this chair, but I think a bench will work better in my space.  After searching Craig's list and every thrift, antique, and furniture store I can think of I going to attempt to make my own bench, well with the help of my hubby of course...can't can't wait to see how that turns out.

And I LOVE this print Marrakech print, Crate and Barrel but $249.00...REALLY???  I'm thinking I can create something similar on my own.


Here are some fabrics, curtains, and a pillow I have picked up so far.  I still need to find lamps, another thing I have been searching high and low for!  So what do you think?  I can't wait to see how it all comes together.  We have A LOT to do!  I hope to show you the final transformation soon, but these home projects always take longer than I think!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with these colors too! Where did you find the picture of that chair?? I think I need it for my room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is that chair from? I need that chair!!!

    ReplyDelete